I am proficient in programming in HTML/CSS, PHP and VB.NET. In my current position at CAMC I write both internal and external web applications in VB.NET.
Software that I am experienced in using includes:
- Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Programming (Visual Studio 2012)
- Adobe Products (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Contribute)
- VMware (vSphere, vCenter, ESXi, Workstation)
- Windows Server (Active Directory, DNS, Window Server Update Service)
- Linux Server (Apache, MySQL, Nginx, Webmin)
Operating systems that I have worked with and am able to use:
- Mac OS X
- CentOS 5 & 6
Leadership & Communication
While operating Meffert Web Hosting LLC, I frequently have to take a leadership role in order to keep the business operating. For example, I consistently contact clients in order to get website updates to prevent client websites from falling out of date. I also communicate with new or potential clients to help them decide what benefits they want or need for their website and how my company can help them achieve those benefits.
I also currently work at the UW- Arboretum in Madison, Wisconsin where I am in charge of updating and maintaining their website. This requires me to take charge and get information about upcoming events along with creating new functionality for the website in order to reduce paper usage and increase organization.